We’ve interviewed Steve from Vital Reading ahead of tomorrow’s big FA Cup game.
1) So, riding high in the FA Cup but low in the league. How do you summarise the season so far, is the FA Cup a distraction or a good thing and have you enough strength to stay up?
The first half of this season was a nightmare, but the FA cup has inspired us and brought back a genuine belief that we can win matches again! 5 wins from 6 in the league proves that it is certainly no distraction and there is more than enough quality in this squad to stay up.
2) Is McDermott the right man for you?
I had my doubts to start with, but you can’t help but be impressed with the guy. Has got us playing some wonderful football and most importantly he is winning games – that’s the sign of a good manager!
3) Who should Villa be wary of on Sunday?
McDermott has brought the best out of Jimmy Kebe and the flying winger cannot stop scoring at the minute and when he is on form he is unplayable at times. If Gylfi Sigurdsson is fit then he has scored in every round so far, so beware!
4) Who are you most afraid of in the Villa team?
James Milner – I think the guy is class and he proved it again for England even in just a brief cameo on Wednesday night.
5) If you could have one of our players, who would it be and why?
I would do for Richard Dunne – what a fantastic defender he is. Wouldn’t mind having Sidwell back either, its all been down hill for us since he left!
6) What do you think of Villa and our manager Martin O’Neill?
Villa are exactly how a club should be run when you are taken over by ‘foreigners’, you clearly have an excellent chairman, an experienced manager and I am tipping you still to grab 4th place.
7) If you watched the Carling Cup Final, was it a sending off or not?!?!?!
Yeah I watched it, if it had happened in the 30th minute instead of so early on I think he would have walked. Dowd bottled it, but then again you played United not so long ago when they had 10 men and you didn’t win so who knows what effect it would have had on the game.
8) Go on then, lets have your prediction. I would wish you luck but you’d know I was lying!
I predicted a defeat against Liverpool, Burnley and West Brom, so I’m going to predict a Villa win and hope that I am wrong again!! It will be a cracking atmosphere and I’m sure it will be a really good game.
With thanks to Steve over at Vital Reading. Why not nip over and say hi!?