In many ways this is a bit of a non story because Gareth Barry has already said it, but Villa boss Martin O’Neill has confirmed that Bazza will be staying for the rest of the season.
In a move – like Barry’s last week – to quell the tide of press rumours linking the England midfielder with a January exit, MON has told the official site:
‘This news will lift me, the players and hopefully, the player himself. It increases our determination to keep going and shows we are pushing in the right direction. This is what Gareth wants to do. It is very, very pleasing and I am delighted.’
Adding, ‘We will sit down again in the summer, have a chat and see what progress we are making. He has given the football club fantastic service and wants to put the trauma of the summer behind him. His game is top-notch at the moment and he is playing very well. He wants to leave all the speculation behind him and get on with his game.’
So I wonder which paper will be the first to print a Barry to leave in January article?!
Gareth Barry quotes from November 21 Click Here
Join Vital Villa
Get involved and suggest an article. This website is your website and we are looking for people to contribute. So if you attend a game, full or reserves and have an opinion, why not write a match report, or have your say on any issue you wish Villa related. Perhaps you are a budding journalist or even just someone who is very opinionated? Well why not join our team? If this interests you please contact Vital Villa.