Date: 5th September 2006 at 3:03pm
Written by:

Statement from AVFC plc.

Following this morning’s announcement by RAL regarding the proposed takeover of Aston Villa, supporters should be aware that the situation remains ongoing and that this announcement, whilst reflecting shareholder acceptance of 85.5%, does not constitute an end to the takeover process.
Current media reports to the contrary, are therefore inaccurate.

RAL’s offer for the company remains conditional on 90% shareholder acceptance and the timescale for shareholders to return their forms of acceptance, along with their share certificates, has now been extended by RAL until 1pm, September, 18.

At this time, supporters should be aware that the existing Board of Directors, who recommended shareholders accept RAL’s offer, currently remains in place. Further announcements will be made to the London Stock Exchange when appropriate although the club is liaising closely with RAL.

end…….

With up to 5% of the shareholding being sent back without share certificates or with wrongly filled in forms, it should only now be a matter of time, 85.5% is a great start, I must admit I expected a slightly lower figure to start with.

As noted in the RAL statement, there is a helpline for those that are confused with reference to filling in the form, returning the form with certificates or to explain to those who no longer have a share certificate what to do.

Any Aston Villa Shareholder requiring additional Forms of Acceptance, should contact Capita Registrars on 0870 162 3121 or, if calling from outside the
UK, +44 (0) 20 8639 2157 (during normal business hours only).

 

8 Replies to “RAL Takeover Close”

  • I am not a shareholder, just interested in the process, so excuse my ignorance. Could someone explain why with a recommended offer of 547p per share, we still see market trades on the London Stock exchange for a lower amount (eg 539.50 today) – why would

  • Does anyone believe that there is a possibility ( i dread to think ) of Randy Lerner not getting to 90%, and therefore the deal not going ahead, or is this extension of deadlines etc, just city trading formalities.
    I notice Mr Fear stated that he believe

  • I thought the initial statement said, the offer was conditional on 75% share …..seems to have jumped up to 90% now ?

  • Cant understand the logic or thinking of the small shareholders who are insistent and determined to hold onto their odd few shares, just to continue feeling that they own a part of the club. It defies belief, apart from being a very selfish and potentiall

  • I am unsure of the exact ‘average’ shareholding amongst the smaller shareholders. However maybe my situation could answer this and a couple of other points. Several years ago, two £5 shares were passed on to me. I was made aware that I should hold on to t

  • I reitterate, where has this mythical 90% come from?
    I am a shareholder & I haven’t been informed about this.

  • Thanks for the considered response, VOTH, it makes it easier to understand that there is a genuine decision to be made for even the most loyal Villa supporter and that the rest of us should try to contain our excitement and impatience and put the whole th

Comments are closed.