Aston Villa have been boosted by the news that Jack Grealish should return from his shin injury nearer the end of February, potentially in time to face Stoke City in the final Saturday of the month.
He’s been out of action since December 7’s 2-2 draw with West Bromwich Albion, going on to miss nine league games so far and Villa’s form has suffered in his absence.
Villa’s league form without Grealish
- (15/12/18) Aston Villa 2-2 Stoke
- (23/12/18) Aston Villa 2-3 Leeds United
- (26/12/18) Swansea City 0-1 Aston Villa
- (29/12/18) Preston North End 1-1 Aston Villa
- (1/1/19) Aston Villa 2-2 Queens Park Rangers
- (12/1/19) Wigan Athletic 3-0 Aston Villa
- (19/1/19) Aston Villa 2-2 Hull City
- (26/1/19) Aston Villa 2-1 Ipswich Town
- (2/2/19) Reading 0-0 Aston Villa
Dean Smith’s men have picked up only two wins from nine games without Grealish, drawing five and losing two – 11 points.
Villa are currently ninth in the Championship with 43 points from 30 games, three places and four points adrift of a playoff place. It’s worth noting, however, that West Brom (4th), Middlesbrough (5th) and Bristol City (6th) all have a game in hand on Villa.
Grealish’s return cant come soon enough.