An innovation from Villa that will only grow as the use grows. It’s taken them longer than they would have liked but this sometimes happens with totally new systems.
I’ve been lucky enough to be a tester for them and I’ve loved loading my card and being able to spend on the season ticket card, contactless, saving the need to worry about paying cash and waiting for change during the push and shove of half time!
A communication from Villa explaining:
Your E-cash is live!
Aston Villa have become the first club in the world to integrate pre-paid technology into our season cards. By introducing this innovative technology Aston Villa will be able to build up a more detailed and personalised understanding of each season ticket holder, enabling the club to better interact, reward and recognise loyalty.
We`ve selected you, and a number of fans at random, to be the first to test the new payment functionality.
Once activated, the season card will act in the same way as any debit or credit card – including contactless payment up to £30. The first transaction will require chip and pin to activate and pin numbers can be found within the Pride Rewards portal or on your season card welcome letter.
Here`s your guide to adding credit to your account, which we advise to do prior to arriving on Saturday
1. Access your Pride Rewards account at www.avfc.co.uk/rewards or download the Official Aston Villa app.
2. Log in using your Fan ID and password as you would with online ticketing and visit the E-cash page. If you have yet to re-set your ticketing password since the move to TopTix, please visit avfc.co.uk/tickets to do so.
3. You can then upload credit to your account using the ‘Manual Top Up` feature. From the drop-down menu, choose the amount of money you wish to load and select ‘Top Up`.
4. You will then need to enter the billing address details that are associated to your valid debit/credit card, then click Confirm.
5. You will then be redirected to our secure payment provider Wirecard, prompted to enter your card details and following some checks taken to a ‘Successful Top Up` page within the portal.
6. Please note – for your first transaction you will need to use the chip & pin feature, you can find your pin number via the ‘Get Pin` button on the E-cash page of your portal or on your season ticket welcome letter. It will be contactless payment up to £30 thereafter.
7. Once E-cash is loaded on to your card, you`ll be able to make payments at the Villa Store, the Ticket Office or at any of the concourses within Villa Park and earn rewards for your support 365 days a year (1 point per £1 spent).
8. If you have any problems uploading to your card please email email@example.com or use the Contact Us page provided at www.avfc.co.uk/rewards.
To login, click below and use your Fan ID and password as you would for our ticketing site to see your Pride Rewards portal 👇
Thank you again for your support and becoming #PartOfThePride.