Unoial Villa News…
Oh I so know this feeling! Mat Kendrick, my memory is starting to tell me he owes me a pint, he doesn’t but by the time I next meet him it will be a couple of pints and no doubt a curry, just got to think of a good reason why now. Seems like he is also being driven mad by people asking if he can get them tickets and as he so rightly says, even if he could, he wouldn’t. ‘When there’s even devoted club employees worried about whether they will be able to go and cheer on Villa, why should fair-weather fans jump the queue just because they just happen to know somebody connected with the club? It’s not what you know, or who you know, it’s whether you’ve got a season ticket or a solid booking history – and so it should be.’ Full rant, it is a good one: www.birminghammail.net
Talking about Cup Tickets, here are the full allocation details: Click Here
Plenty of talk that the Craig Gardner to Blues move is soon to be signed and sealed. Hey ho.
According to Sky Sports Marlon Harewood, remember him? – he is Villa’s Number 9 if you don’t! – has apparently broken a metatarsal in training and will be out of action for around 3 months. + Updates on Albrighton and Warnock, full article: Injury To Harewood – Updates Albrighton/Warnock
Vital Villa asked for your Brighton & Hove Albion man of the match (FA Cup 4th round) Villa youngster Fabian Delph won by a country mile (what is a country mile by the way?) with 48%. Full results via the link. Delph also spoke to the official site and says there is far more to come from him. Some great comments actually, well worth a read. See: Man Of Match Delph – MORE TO COME
I had an email from Villa fan and song writer Doug O’Brien. He said that ‘Super Diva Niki Evans from off of the X factor is going to be performing the new Villa song ‘Championees’ which I have co-written with Wyatt Cranley to celebrate reaching the Carling Cup Final.’ I’ve been offered an interview with Niki who is a massive Villa fan along with her family + if possible will be putting up a clip of the song when available.
Latest Vital Villa fantasy league standings: Click Here
Sheriff Kimbo’s take on the Villa week: Seven Days of Villa (4)
Fieldy: Nottingham Forest have admitted that they are in discussions with Villa over extending Nicky Shorey’s loan spell. In an article on the Forest Official Site Billy Davies admitted that a conversation was on going with the club as Shorey’s current loan ends this Thursday. ‘We thank them very much for loaning us Nicky, and we’ll see where the conversation goes.’ Full article: Shore He’ll Stay at Forest?
Fieldy: Brad Guzan has said he isn’t taking his Wembley place for granted, despite playing in every round previously in the Carling Cup. Speaking on the Official Site Guzan explained that there are plenty of matches, and plenty of things can happen before the Cup Final appearance on February 28th. ‘We have got a lot of games before that, when we get there we cross that bridge.’ Full quotes: Cup Place Not Guaranteed
There have been a couple of interesting polls in our forum, the first before the Carling Cup semi finals and the other after them. They centered on the goalkeeper issue for the Final.
Would you carry on with your faith in up and coming keeper Brad Guzan who has played in all the other rounds or go with the experience of Brad Friedel fielding your strongest side in this major final? Seems some opinions changed over the course of the semi final appearances. Full links, images and comments: Which ‘Goalie Brad’ Do You Play At Wembley?
Vital Villa asked, in a poll suggested by Doug4Ever and Zaphod: Which Brad do you play at Wembley? Looks like experience won out with 69% saying Brad Friedel with the remaining 31% voting to stick with the up and coming Brad Guzan. Full article and debate: Majority Vote For Keeper Experience In Final
Carling Cup merchandise now available from AVFC: www.avfc.co.uk
Dwight Yorke (can you say that name without singing New York, New York?) interview on AVTV: www.avfc.co.uk
Arsenal Hospitality: Villa’s Barclays Premier League game against Arsenal on Wednesday January 27 (ko 7.45pm) is one of the exciting clashes coming up at Villa Park. Hospitality packages are available now. Please call us for late-availability special offers. Call 0800 612 0960 (OPTION 1) for more details.
Ashley Young talked about his collectors item headed goal v BHA. He told AVTV: ‘It has gone down as a great goal and I’d say it is one of the best! ‘It has been put in the box and I thought I’d get my head on in and direct it towards goal. Luckily for me, it has come off the back of my head and gone in. The boys have been reminding me about scoring with my head and it is nice to get on the scoresheet, but the main thing was to get through.’ Full quotes: www.avfc.co.uk
Thought for the day: A mistake is never a mistake, unless nothing is learned from it.