Vital Villan Mid Season Interview: Revdpete
Up steps our very own Revdpete for the mid season questions:
1) When did you become a Villa fan and why?
There is another team? Yowzer, I thought there was only one team you could actually ‘support’, I mean god played for us for several seasons so what’s the point supporting anyone else?
2) What do you think of this season, do we have the chance to push on or will we slip up like last season?
I’m praying hard – I tell you these knees are almost worn out. Seriously I have faith we’ll be at least 5th, I really hope 4th, but the next few games will be the definitive moments, if we kick on from here with the congested fixtures we’ve got this and next month we’ll be ok and see it through. Man Citeh are going to be hard to catch now, I think Tottenham less so, Liverpool will come back, but I’ve got a sneaky feeling for us this year…
3) Best moment/s of this season so far?
I haven’t managed to meet Mr Fear yet, so I’ll have to say my daughter still wanting to go to matches after the General and John Handley had been so nice towards her and my family. I am thrilled to still be taking her and my dad. Long story for another day.
4) Worst moment/moments of this season so far?
Is this a question? Wigan first game… I could have cried, but a very rare thing happened – I got angry!
5) Do you expect any arrivals this January (bearing in mind MON has indicated not) and IF you could bring in a player or two, who (realistically) would you go for?
None. Unless MON changes his mind, which he could do, in which case 6. We need a central midfield, and a proven goalscorer. Who, realistically, er, Stephen Ireland and (I hate to say this) Thierry Henri. I’d love to see them, and reckon Ireland might move on, and Henri must want another one move surely?
6) Which player/s should Villa sign this summer? And do you think Villa will spend enough this summer to progress?
As above plus a couple of squad players to keep numbers where they are now, I think at least two will leave this summer. Yes we’ll spend what we can of that I’m convinced.
7) If we made the Carling Cup final, who would you most like to face Manchester United or Manchester City?
My heart says Citeh, my head says United will be easier to beat! Wow, did I really say that.
8) What do you expect us to do/finish this season?
Premier League: 4/5
FA Cup: Quarters/Semis
Carling Cup: Final
9) Your opinion on Martin O’Neill now he is mid way through his 4th season in charge?
I really want him to become a legend. BUT, at the moment he hasn’t put any silverware on the table. I hope this season takes him to the status of one of our ‘better’ managers, and next season to one of our ‘best’. He still frustrates me, (like the Wigan game!), but then Ron Saunders used to frustrate me too as a kid! He isn’t as clueless as Dr Jo, Billy McNeil, or others I could defame, so maybe I just need to be cool and see how things pan out this season and next.
10) Your opinion on Randy Lerner and his board?
I have the utmost respect for what they have done, and the way they are doing it. I wouldn’t swap them for the world. A thoroughly decent bunch, with the right attitude, and the same aims that we fans have.
11) Favourite current player?
Oooh, Hard. No not hard really, Milner, and Dunne.
12) Favourite former player/s?
God (of course), Merson, Sid Cowans, Dennis Mortimer, I have to say Tony Daley on my wife’s behalf, but that has nothing to do with his football, she just fancies him – even now.
13) Right, lets lower the tone… which celebrity would you most like to bang and which (male I would think) celeb would you most like to thump!?!
Ok, er, there are many answers I could give to this question, many of which could get me into trouble, actually all of which would get me into trouble, partic with my Tony Daley idolising wife! So I decline to answer this question on the grounds it will incriminate me and cause me much pain.
With thanks to Revdpete
How to take the Vital Villan interviews: Vital Villa Interviews – HAVE YOUR SAY
Previous interviews: www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/interviews